The NBF Direct App has built-in malware notifications and the latest anti-phishing protection, making it highly secure.
If you sign up for SMS alerts, which we strongly advise you do, you will be notified of any activity on your account. However, you can also alert us on 8008NBF(623), if you ever suspect any suspicious activity.
To access the app, you always have to enter your user ID and password and these are not stored on the mobile device to further enhance the security.
If you enter your password incorrectly three times, the NBF Direct App will lock you out. For added security, any online banking session will be logged off automatically if it is inactive for more than five minutes.
Mobile Device Security Tips
- Lock your device with a personal identification number (PIN) or password.
- Only install applications (apps) from trusted sources.
- Keep your system updated and ensure you have the latest security updates.
- Back up your data so you can quickly restore the information on your phone if the data is lost or accidentally deleted.
- Don’t hack or tamper with your own device as this will free it from the limitations set by a provider and can significantly weaken its security.
- Don’t bank online from public Wi-FI connections—it’s best to save your sensitive transactions, for when you’re on a network that has security measures in place.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, location services, and Bluetooth when they are not in use.
- If you receive a text that appears to be from your bank or another legitimate business, never respond with personal information. Instead, contact the business directly to confirm their request.
- Don’t click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails or text messages.
- Make sure that you have a mobile antivirus protection that can catch existing and emerging mobile threats, and keep your software updated.